আমার এক বনঝির ফরমায়েসী হোম্টাস্ক,
-- "
Autobiography of a Mango tree"
Granny used to tell, 'There was a time when humans and trees used to talk , sing together and were best of friends.'
But that was a long time ago; long before even granny's birth . She told me that humans called my species the MANGO tree.
Oh, I suppose you are not acquainted with my granny !
Granny was an old and wise BANYAN tree.
She told me , her species is called banyan by humans.
I never met my parent . My childhood was vivid with granny's charismatic stories and the friendship of the little birds.
On those hot summer evenings granny used to breeze me . She couldn't help but watch me swaying my little head ; with a heart full of joy.
Little did I know , she also had to go.
Now that I am all grown up , I see a lot of people around me. They really love the fruits I produce. I also like to see human child smiling while holding mangoes .
I have numerous bird friends who provide me various kind of news, informations around the world.
Birds told me stories of human cruelty and evil, which of course I never believed totally until that cursed day. One day a bunch of them came and cut my dearest granny into pieces infront of me, and took away. Now a long black road meets the horizon by that very place where once granny stood.
I remember a little of the song granny mostly hummed,-
"Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way..."
When life was young on the face of earth we all were friends. Then truly humans have chosen their own way away from friendship.